Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scripture and a Snapshot | Week 70


In the busyness of our day-to-day lives, do we stop long enough to ask ourselves ...

"What do I truly value ... what really means the most to me in my life?

Do I value physical wealth and possessions that will ultimately decay and fade away?

Or, do I value something far above all the riches this world has to offer ...

... the spiritual truth which will bring me eternal life?"

What is the treasure that takes precedence in my heart?

Is it treasure the world offers, which is costly and fleeting ...

or the treasure that God freely offers, which is forever?"

Just where, really, is my treasure?!

It certainly is something to think about ...

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth
where moth and rust doth corrupt
and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, 
where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt,
and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- Matthew 6:19-21 -


I came across this old rusty car in an alley at an outdoor festival ...
when I saw it, this was the scripture and thoughts that came to mind.
I remember well how much we valued these cute little cars ... and some of us still do.
It was very sad to see the state it was in!
Such a meaningful example of how the things of this world fade away,
and how the treasure God offers to us is eternal!

Hope you all have a blessed
and treasure-filled week, in Him!
- Deborah

Click the links below, to come join in and be encouraged!
I'm linking up with Katie @ A Scripture & a Snapshot ...








8 comments:

  1. What a great photo to go with this verse. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my photo and verse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very important question that we should all ask ourselves every day. Lovely photo to emphasize the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting! I used Picasa to do my collage of my nieces and nephews. You just get the pictures you want to use and then there are several different layouts you can use to make your collage. I chose picture pile for this so that I had a blank space in the center. Then I added text. I find Picasa very easy to work with.

    Glad you're going to link up on Photo Friday! See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you stopped by my site! I hope you stop by again....and I hope you get your snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deborah! Just wanted to let you know that Photo Friday is now up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that old beat up bug! So many truths can be pulled from that photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos and the way you to talk about the Lord are both very inspirational. I can't wait to do more reading here and I am thankful that you are sharing!

    ~xoxo~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ... do leave a comment if something touched your heart, or encouraged you in any way! Blessings ~