Friday, January 20, 2012

Scripture and a Snapshot | Week - The Promises of God

 



Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess,
for he who promised is faithful.
- Hebrews 10:23 -

The stars may fall,
but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled.
- J. I. Packer

God's promises are like the stars,
the darker the night the brighter they shine.
- Anonymous

He has granted to us His precious and very great promises.
2 Peter 1:4


I'm a bit late with my entry this week,
but we've had some difficult, and trying days this month.

God never promised us smooth travels,
but He does always promise his presence through the pain.

I've been leaning heavily on God's promises ...
you can count on them every moment - day by day ...
His Word is forever faithful ... and true.

They've brought peace to my heart,
and I just want to thank Him!

This is an image of a little promise devotional that I read daily ...
seems to always have the right word just when I need it!

Isn't that just like God!!

I'm joining Katie, & friends, @ a Scripture and a Snapshot
Click the sites below for some encouragement in the Word,
and if you like, click over to Katie's site to join in and share your own!

Have a blessed week!
- Deborah -






2 comments:

  1. Thank God for His great and precious promises! I liked that line "God's promises are like the stars,
    the darker the night the brighter they shine."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Deborah,

    What a lovely post! A wonderful reminder of God's precious promises. I especially love the saying "God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine."

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message. And yeah I waited almost 2 years for my macro lens. The new Nikon 40 mm is the most affordable.

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ... do leave a comment if something touched your heart, or encouraged you in any way! Blessings ~