I have good reason for not being able to post my Fri-Daybook since the last time ... can anyone spell c-o-m-p-u-t-e-r p-r-o-b-l-e-m-s?! Yes, I have had numerous trouble with my almost 5 year old PC, so, after much prayer and oodles of research, we decided on the purchase of an iMac. Definitely a new learning curve but a welcome one, nonetheless! It's a bit time consuming as I am daily working at getting all my photos, documents, etc., transferred, as well as adjusting all the new settings so I have some familiarity, compared to my PC. It's going to take me a little while to get use to it! I would love to hear from anyone who might have gone through a similar situation, and made the switch from PC to a Mac. This is a desktop version, and not a laptop, like so many have these days. Any tips you would have to pass along would be so appreciated! Also things around here on the blog may look a bit 'messy' for awhile, as some changes are on the way ... I'm going for a fresh and brighter new feel ... it's time now that spring has finally sprung!
Now, onto this weeks edition of the Fri-Daybook!
Now, onto this weeks edition of the Fri-Daybook!
Outside my window .....
a cool day, yet it seems spring is in full swing ... deep blue skies, bird's song, and sunshine ... finally!
Bright yellow dandelions and purple violets growing on a bed of green ...
God knows how to paint those colors ...
that is no doubt a sign of warmer days ahead!
Bright yellow dandelions and purple violets growing on a bed of green ...
God knows how to paint those colors ...
that is no doubt a sign of warmer days ahead!
I am thinking .....
how this week has left me feeling physically drained, and mentally exhausted,
but how, that through abiding in the joy of the Lord, I am strengthened.
but how, that through abiding in the joy of the Lord, I am strengthened.
No matter what our trial, or circumstance ....
1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
I am thankful for .....
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
I am thankful for .....
the friend who loaned us an industrial size de-humidifier, for free, to dry out our flooded basement!
Two days ago those terrible storms blew through and left us without power for 7 hours.
The sump pump stopped working, so we did the best we could to keep the basement from flooding ...
unfortunately, we fell asleep during the wee hours of the morning form weariness,
and we got more water in the basement than we had wanted to!
So grateful for that de-humidifier humming away in the basement drying it all out right now!
I'm also very thankful that we did not get the devastation that the southern states got ...
my thoughts and prayers are with them all!
Two days ago those terrible storms blew through and left us without power for 7 hours.
The sump pump stopped working, so we did the best we could to keep the basement from flooding ...
unfortunately, we fell asleep during the wee hours of the morning form weariness,
and we got more water in the basement than we had wanted to!
So grateful for that de-humidifier humming away in the basement drying it all out right now!
I'm also very thankful that we did not get the devastation that the southern states got ...
my thoughts and prayers are with them all!
What I am learning .....
I'm going to an all day photography workshop that a friend of mine is offering, tomorrow.
I'm so excited to learn more from the sweet Evangeline Renee!
She's been blessed with an amazing talent that she is now sharing with others ...
oh, and she's also married to my son's best friend! :)
From the kitchen .....
remnants from lunch are needing to be cleaned up to make way for dinner preparations .....
a cookout sounds nice on a day like today!
I am wearing .....
some cozy sweats ... the sweatshirt says 'Gone to the Beach' .... nope, but the nearby creek sounds nice!
I am creating .....
a new design for this web site ... a fresh look for spring would be a nice change, don't you think? :)
I'm also getting familiar with how the design section works here on Blogger.
I am going .....
to bed early tonight ... I'm normally a nite owl,
but I have to be fresh for that workshop tomorrow!
I am reading .....
an amazing book by Sandra Teplinsky, Why Care About Israel.
They have a wonderful ministry .... Light of Zion.
I am hoping ......
for more sunshine and less rain for awhile ...
we've had more than our soggy ground can handle!
I am hearing ......
quiet piano worship music ... be still and know that He is G-d!
Around the house .......
needing to tackle and organize our bedroom closet ...
get rid of all the old clothes we don't wear anymore, give them to those who do.
get rid of all the old clothes we don't wear anymore, give them to those who do.
Where, oh where, is the Fly Lady when you need her!
I am noticing that ......
my energy supplements don't seem to pack the punch they once did! =\
One of my favorite things ......
lavender .... and more lavender
Plans for the weekend ......
a photo workshop on Saturday, and if it doesn't rain on Sunday, I'll be planting that lavender!
A picture, or two, to share .....
in honor of Spring, and purple, and green!
in honor of Spring, and purple, and green!
Do enjoy the flowers, even if they're dandelions,
and have a blessed weekend, everyone!
and have a blessed weekend, everyone!
"This is the day the LORD has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
- Psalms 118:24 -
- Psalms 118:24 -




It's hard not to see God in spring.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flower shots!
hi i love your blog it is great im am your newest follower and i also have a blog it is called being real in a plastic world plz come see it thx thx so so much........
ReplyDelete