Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Scripture and a Snapshot Challenge // God's Abundance



"I am come that they might have life,
and that they might have it more abundantly."
John 10:10
{KJV}


God does not promise abundance.  He promises that we "might have life" and that we
"might have it more abundantly" if we accept His grace, His blessings, and His Son. 
When we commit our hearts and our days to the One who created us,
we experience spiritual abundance through the grace and sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. 
But when we focus our thoughts and energies not upon God's perfect will for our lives
but instead upon our own unending assortments of earthly needs and desires,
we inevitably forfeit the spiritual abundance that might otherwise be ours. 

Today and every day, seek God's will for your life and follow hard after it. 
Today, turn your worries and your concerns over to your Heavenly Father. 
Today, seek God's wisdom, follow His commandments, trust His judgment, and honor His Son. 
When you do, spiritual abundance will be yours, not just for this day but for all eternity.


If we were given all we wanted here,
our hearts would settle for this world rather than the next.  

~  Elizabeth Elliot 

Get ready for God to show you not only His pleasure, but His approval.  
~  Joni Earreckson Tada



"And God is able to make all grace abound to you,
so that always having all sufficiency in everything,
you may have an abundance for every good deed."
II Corinthians 9:8


Dear Lord,
I praise You for the abundant life that is mine through Christ Jesus.
Guide me according to Your will, and help me to be a worthy servant in all that I say and do. 
Give me courage, Lord, to claim the rewards You have promised,
and when I do, let the glory be Yours.
~ Amen




I'm linking up to this week's challenge over on
a 'Scripture and a Snapshot'.
This is my second entry, but I was so encouraged
reading through all of the others the first time I entered!

Click below to get some of that encouragement,
or to share some of your own!





P.S. Please bear with me....
this site is under construction....
hmmm ... aren't we all!
Have a beautiful day!

Blessings,
 Deborah <><

9 comments:

  1. Amen...what an uplifting post this morning...I prayed also..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and one of my favorite verses. We get so distracted thinking abundant life means things when it means so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful post!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your photo! Your verse and words are full to overflowing with wisdom. I'm so happy to welcome you as a follower on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah, your blog is beautiful...very sweet to the eye. The photo that you shared refreshed me, and your wisdom of words...Scripture nibbles, so right on!!

    Glad you visited me. If ever you have any questions, when changing your blog...or requests, please don't hesitate to ask - I just might have a solution for you :)

    Blessings to you for a beautiful weekend.
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I love the photo and the message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Deborah! Thanks for visiting my blog. Your blog is simply lovely. :)

    And your Scripture and photo are, too! I love the photo of all your flowers.

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deborah!!

    This is beautiful! First, love your message -- AMEN, HALLELUJAH!! It's all because of HIM and not us -- we do need to stay focused on him and he will provide abunduntly for us! :)

    Then, I love your shot you picked out -- the flowered in the mason jars: perfect!! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a super kind message!! I do hope you get an opportunity to capture a bit of God's power on your camera and enjoy it! Without getting too much else of the bad stuff!!

    Blessings and have a SON filled weekend!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Your photo and verse (verses!!) are a terrific combination.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you ... do leave a comment if something touched your heart, or encouraged you in any way! Blessings ~