Abundant Rain
- Randy Chambers -
Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
Deuteronomy 32:2, NIV:
- Randy Chambers -
Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.
Deuteronomy 32:2, NIV:
There are a great many things we hope to grow into, or hope to grow up to be, or hope to keep growing toward. We are like the plants that seek the dew and showers. Blessed are those who seek to remain in Christ as a branch connected to the Vine.
We will certainly be filled and we will grow and will prosper. As we grow, a wonderful thing happens. We become less concerned about looking inward. We become less occupied with our own personal spiritual development and we begin to concern ourselves with the needs of others.
Our hearts turn toward being ministers of God’s grace, stewards of His word, ready in season and out of season to give an account of the hope we have in Him. We look around at those who need and we pray that through us, a little rain might fall—the kind of rain that nurtures spiritual growth in others.
Consider for a moment, the prosperity of life when your heart becomes like Christ’s, being outward focused, and ready to be poured out into the lives of others. That is the measure of true prosperity.
It's been awhile since I've posted ... many things have happened here at home, and I've walked through some difficult seasons in the past few months ... but, still I stand .... and it's only in Him! Without His strength, His peace, His grace, I couldn't imagine getting through as I have. We all walk through those seasons of life ... seasons where we wonder if we'll ever come out of the darkness, that overwhelming depression that threatens to drown us ... but I can tell you, there is HOPE, but only as long as you're connected to the Vine! You've got to stay connected to Him in order to survive ... we cannot do it alone, for He alone sustains us! It's during those dark times that we can so easily focus on ourselves, and all we see is the hopelessness of our situation ... but, in that darkness, if we begin to look up to Him, and then outward to the needs of others, we'll begin to see less of ourselves, and His light will chase that fearful darkness and depression away. I was hanging on, literally, but He never left me! All I can say now, is if you're going through such a time as this ... look up for I know, without a doubt, that He truly cares for you!
Weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.
but joy cometh in the morning.
Psalm 30:5
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you,
that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:
that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
John 15:16


I am praying right now for you. I went through what I called our "sackcloth" season...many days wondering if I would go under. I am now on the other side of that and coming back to life...at the point you mentioned in your opening paragraphs...wanting to reach out.
ReplyDeleteBlessings as you walk through this time, as you allow healing to come in its timing, as you let God ministry to you during this "sackcloth" season...there will be a day you feel Him remove your sackcloth and return you to dancing.
In Him,
Janette
I love Deut. 32:2 and love how God has met you in the last few months. Thank you for all the reminders in this blog of God's grace and presence.
ReplyDelete